Musical Fidelity LX2-HPA Headphone Amplifier; New w/ Full Warranty
LX2-HPA - Overview
A headphone amplifier is like a small power amp, relative to the load (the headphones) the technical requirements are similar: Excellent load tolerance, high stability margins, low distortion, wide bandwidth, low noise, excellent channel separation.
- The LX2-HPA will easily drive any commercially produced headphone. It's high current delivery and excellent stability margins result in completely uncoloured neutral performance.
- Distortion at less than 0.0035%, wide band is vanishingly low and certainly inaudible.
- Bandwidth extends to about 80kHz and even at 40kHz the distortion remains well below 0.05%. A remarkable achievement.
- The outstanding noise ratio of better than 112dB means that the music comes from a true 'black velvet' background field.
- Stereo separation is excellent and assures a rock solid imaging experience. Talk about 'adventures in inner space!
The LX2-HPA gives a sensual monitor level listening experience. Completely uncoloured sound delivered with virtually limitless dynamic range from a black velvet background, and perfectly placed spatial imagery.
Read the Stereoplay review.
Shipping: Cost to ship this item within the contiguous United States is free including packaging and insurance. For all other locations including Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska, please request a quote prior to purchase. Items with factory packaging will be double boxed. Note that all items valued over $500 will require a signature upon delivery.